70 years old - and counting!
The original bowls club in Duxford was established back in 1953 by the grandfather of an existing member. It started as the Wheatsheaf Bowls Club, and Des Camp's grandad, F J Camp, laid the first green with his bare hands. Mr Camp senior was the then landlord of the Wheatsheaf pub, and an enthusiastic bowler.
The club continued at the Wheatsheaf until the late 1990's when it moved to its current site on the recreation ground, and it then became the Duxford Bowls Club. It now has over 40 members and competes in the Cambridge & District and Meldreth & District leagues.